Our new EU citizens’ Rights Service can offer you free online help and advice, on a number of topics.

At present, the service is only available to EU citizens living in Edinburgh, and is offered in Polish and Spanish. We hope to expand the number of languages offered, and reach a wider area, if we can obtain funding for that.

The topics that we cover at present are:

➡ Housing and homelessness

➡ Welfare benefits

➡ Employment (at present a Spanish adviser only)

This service is run with the assistance of funding from the National Lottery Community Fund

What kind of help can we provide?

  • Assistance in completing application forms for benefits or housing
  • Explaining your rights as an EU citizen to access a public service
  • Advising and helping you in challenging decisions
  • Contacting council or DWP departments on your behalf
  • Raising queries with national consulates in Scotland

PLEASE NOTE. We are not able to represent you in courts and tribunals, but we can provide you with details of organisations that can help you.

We also take referrals from a number of partner organisations with which we work.

Here are links to a number of sources of information on these topics:

The websites of Citizens Advice Scotland and the Civil Legal Assistance Office also have useful information around these issues.